The following guide to The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is a compendium of knowledge about the latest Nintendo game. Here you will find all the most important pieces of information about the game. Thanks to them, you will learn the most important mechanics of the game.
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Guide content
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Tips and Tricks
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Basics
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: FAQ
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Link's abilities
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Shrines
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: All Main Quests
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: All Skyview Towers
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Release date
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: language versions
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Guide content
The guide has been divided into three parts. In the first chapter, you will find information about the most basic mechanics of the game. Here you will learn, among other things, about exploration, vehicle construction and combat. Here you will find descriptions of Fuse, Recall, Ultrahand and Ascend abilities.
In the FAQ, you will find answer to the most important questions. We explain how to get to the Sky Islands and how to build a flying platform.
The guide ends with an appendix, where you can find about the game's release date, target platforms and available editions.
The second big chapter in our guide is dedicated to the secrets and collectibles. We discuss solving puzzles in Shrines and present a complete list of all Shrines in the game. You will learn how to collect all Korok Seeds.
The third chapter of the guide contains a walkthrough for main and side quests in Tears of the Kingdom. There you will find a list of all Main Quests, a list of all Side Adventures and Side Quests.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Tips and Tricks
- Visit Shrines to discover new fast travel points. Each completed Shrine grants one Light of Blessing and turns into a fast travel point.
- As soon as you find a new Device Dispenser, check what you can draw from it. Each such machine is a chance to get completely different Zonai devices that can be combined to build vehicles and planes.
- After arriving in the kingdom of Hyrule, go to Purah and unlock the glider. This will make traveling much easier and you will also unlock the first Skyview Tower, which also serve as fast travel points in the game.
- Attach a rocket to your weapon to launch to the air quickly. Then open the glider to fly a long distance.
You can read more starting tips for Tears of the Kingdom on the Tips and tricks page.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Basics
- Horses - on this page you will learn how to catch a horse, how to register it in the stable and how to summon your horse.
- Vehicles - with the Ultrahand skill, you will be able to build various vehicles and planes. On this page, you will find several projects of vehicles and flying platforms.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: FAQ
- How to get to Sky Islands? - when Link leaves the first Sky island, he will be able to return to it thanks to fast travel points. The sky above the kingdom of Hyrule is very vast and there are numerous islands in it. On this page we explain how to get to Sky Islands.
- How to build a flying platform? - from this page, you will learn how to construct the first flying platform to quickly fly off the island.
- How to get Archaic Tunic? - here you will find out where to locate the Archaic Armor set on Great Sky Island, which consists of the Archaic Tunic and Archaic Warm Greaves.
- How to catch a Dandelion? - on this page, we suggest how to catch the Dandelion in which Korok is hiding. We explain what Korok Seeds are used for and where to find Hestu.
- How to use Energy Cell? - Energy Cell is your only source of energy for powering all Zonai devices. On this page, we explain how to charge and upgrade an Energy Cell and what the Crystal Refinery is used for.
- How to unlock a glider? - paraglider is one of the most frequently used items by Link. In our guide, we explain when you will unlock the paraglider and the first Skyview Tower.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Link's abilities
- Recall - this page describes the Recall ability that can turn back time on moving objects. We explain how to unlock and how to use Recall.
- Fuse - this is one of Link's most interesting new powers. On this page of the guide, you will find the most important information on how to attach various items to weapons and shields. We discuss how to use Fuse.
- Ultrahand - you will learn this ability in the first Shrine. With Ultrahand, you can pick up almost all items in the game and combine them with each other.
- Ascend - another new power of Link. The Ascend will help you quickly get to higher ground by breaking through the ceiling.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Shrines
- List of all Shrines - here you will find a list of all Shrines in Tears of the Kingdom.
- All Shrines on Great Sky Island - this page will tell you how to find all 4 Shrines on Great Sky Island. We explain how to reach them.
- Ukouh Shrine - here you will learn how to solve all the puzzles and how to open the chest. We explain how to unlock Ultrahand.
- Gutanbac Shrine - in this Shrine, you will learn Ascend. Our walkthrough will help you solve the puzzles and open all the chests.
- In isa Shrine - here you will unlock Fuse and learn how to attach items to weapons and shields. In our guide you will find solutions to all puzzles in the Shrine.
- Nachoyah Shrine - This is the last Shrine on Great Sky Island that can be accessed via a shortcut from the Room of Awakening. We describe all the puzzles and give the location of loot chests.
- Kyononis Shrine - in this Shrine, you will go through a tutorial that will familiarize you with the basics of combat. You will learn how to parry and avoid attacks.
- Yamiyo Shrine - another location with a short tutorial. You will learn how to throw objects at enemies.
- Mogawak Shrine - on this page, you will learn how to solve the puzzle with water and electricity. We explain how to charge the battery and how to conduct electricity.
- Susuyai Shrine - here we explain how to solve all the puzzles and how to open the chest in the Shrine.
- Ishodag Shrine - here you will find solutions to all fan puzzles. You will also learn how to open the treasure chest.
- Eldin Canyon - on this page, you will find solutions to puzzles in Marakuguc Shrine and Timawak Shrine.
- Lanayru Wetlands - here you will learn how to solve the puzzles with the orb in Tukarok Shrine.
- Great Hyrule Forest - here you can read how to solve the puzzle with the platform in Ekochiu Shrine.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: All Main Quests
- List of all Main Quests - check out our list of all Main Quests. We explain how many main missions there are in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Find Princess Zelda - a walkthrough for the main quest that starts on Great Sky Island. We explain how to find the fourth Shrine and how to leave the island.
- The Closed Door - After waking up on Great Sky Island, Link must visit three Shrines and obtain the Lights of Blessing. On this page, you will find out how to quickly return to the Temple of Time and discover all the shortcuts on the island.
- Camera Work in the Depths - in this quest, you will unlock the camera and go underground for the first time. On this page, we explain how to find Robbie in Depths.
- Impa and the Geoglyphs - here you will find out where to find Impa and how to fix her balloon. We inform where to find Dragon's Tear.
- Tulin of Rito Village - a main quest in which you will unlock the ability to summon companions. Step by step, we explain how to find Tulin in Hebra South Summit Cave, how to get to the cloud, and how to unlock the 5 locks in Wind Temple. Lastly, we describe the battle with a boss, Colgera.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: All Skyview Towers
In our list of all Skyview Towers you will find the exact locations of fast travel points in Zelda: Totk. We explain how to unlock Towers and how to use them.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Release date
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom was released on May 12, 2023. More on this and whether the game will receive DLC can be found here: Release date.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: language versions
On the Language versions page, you will find a list of supported languages in Zelda TotK. Check how many languages the game offers for audio and subtitles.
About Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Guide
Author : Agnes Adamus & Olga Fiszer for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Nintendo
- publisher: Nintendo
- platform: Switch
More About The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
In May, no one should complain about lack of new games to play. The month is filled with releases, with the loudest games of the year still to come! Choose wisely, because, as the weather gets better, it's also worth to spend time outside!
While still finishing this year's scarce hits, we are already looking ahead to next year's potential blockbusters. Already the first quarter of 2023 should bring quite a few of them – so here's a ranking of the most anticipated games by Gamepressure.
With the terrible year of 2020 behind us, the best upcoming games for Nintendo Switch in 2021 will make you forget your sadness: the New Pokemon Snap, No More Heroes 3, Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 or Monster Hunter Rise await us!
In 2020, Nintendo Switch will get a handful of interesting premieres. In addition to potential unconfirmed hits such as Breath of the Wild 2, the next few months will certainly bring the new Animal Crossing, Pokemons or Deadly Premonition.