This guide to Dead Space Remake will help you survive the nightmare onboard USG Ishimura and lead Isaac Clarke to the end of the journey, preferably alive. We deliver a complete walkthrough for all chapters and side missions of the game, as well as additional tips regarding e.g. what weapons to use. Moreover, we list and supply locations of all secrets and offer a trophy guide for players aiming to complete Dead Space Remake in 100%.
- Dead Space Remake: Guide content
- Dead Space Remake: Quick beginner's guide
- Dead Space Remake: All chapters, walkthrough
- Dead Space Remake: All secrets and collectibles
- Dead Space Remake: Bosses
- Dead Space Remake: Basics
- Dead Space Remake: FAQ
- Dead Space Remake: System requirements
- Dead Space Remake: Game length
- Dead Space Remake: Language versions
- Dead Space Remake: Game editions
Dead Space Remake: Guide content
Our guide to the Dead Space remake opens with pages related to the most important gameplay mechanics. We have prepared, above all, a beginner's guide with hints on how to kill monsters and how to stay alive. You can also learn more about recommended weapons - we compiled a list of best weapons and offer tips on how to use them effectively. The starting tips are further complemented by the FAQ section that contains answers to the most frequently asked questions, among them, how to obtain new security clearances and whether can you return to already visited locations.
The main part of our guide is the full walkthrough for the game encompassing the 12 main chapters of the campaign and side missions, which are a new addition of the remake. From the walkthrough you will learn, among others, how to complete mission objectives, how to deal with necromorphs, how to defeat bosses and elite monsters, and how to solve environmental puzzles (including the more difficult ones in zero gravity).
We have also included secrets and collectibles in our guide. We mainly posted information about schematics (new weapons, consumables and suit upgrades) and when you can obtain them. In addition, we supply the locations of logs (audio, text, video, RIGlinks) and new weapons and upgrades.
Our guide to Dead Space Remake is concluded by an Annex, which main part is the trophy guide, explaining the requirements of each trophy and the steps needed in order to unlock the platinum trophy. The remaining pages of the Annex concern, among others, system requirements of the game, controls list, available accessibility options, and the total length of Dead Space Remake.
Dead Space Remake: Quick beginner's guide
- Aim at the necromorphs' limbs. This is a unique feature of all Dead Space games - you can kill monsters much faster and easier by shooting at their various limbs, rather than at the head or chest.
- Trample your opponents. You can do this to save ammo, but also to get extra loot.
- Collect as many supplies as possible. In Dead Space, same as with most survival horrors, supplies are scarce. Search the explored locations to collect ammo and medicine.
- Look for schematics. They are the most important category of collectibles, because thanks to them you can, e.g. unlock new weapon models and better suits (RIGs) for Isaac.
- Use stasis to slow down monsters. You will learn how to use stasis in the early chapters of the game. It has various uses and one of the main ones is slowing down enemies, e.g. to aim at their limbs more precisely.
More tips can be found on a separate page of the guide: Beginner's guide.
Dead Space Remake: All chapters, walkthrough
- New Arrivals - the first chapter, introducing you to the setting. Our guide shows how to complete the escape scene, where to get your first weapon, how to use Stasis, how to replace the tram car and where to find the Data Board.
- Intensive Care - the second chapter of the campaign where Isaac searches for the captain's RIG on the medical deck. Our guide shows how to reach the Hydrazine Tank, where to find the Shock Pad, how to destroy the barricade, and finally how to defeat the mini-boss (mutated captain).
- Course Correction - the third chapter of the game in which you visit the engineering deck. From this page, you'll learn where to find the flamethrower and Ripper, how to activate the centrifuge, how to move in zero gravity and how to manually restart the engines in the machine room.
- Obliteration Imminent - Chapter 4 of the game involves a visit to the captain's bridge. We explain how and where to meet Hammond, how to activate the elevators, how to defeat Brute (mini-boss encounter), how to navigate open space areas, how to reroute power, and how to calibrate ADS cannons.
- Lethal Devotion - the fifth chapter of the campaign, in which you explore the Chemical Lab. We show how to escape the Hunter and how to stop this invulnerable monster, how to find the source of the transmission, how to clear the room of gas, and where to find liquid nitrogen.
- Environmental Hazard - the sixth chapter of the game involves a visit to Hydrophonics. Our guide shows how to create the Enzyme, how to inject 8 wheezers with it, how to unlock the Food Storage and how to defeat the Leviathan (boss encounter).
- Into the Void - Chapter 7 takes place in Mining Deck. Our guide shows how to activate launch tubes, where to find Admin RIG, how to destroy 4 gravity tethers, how to attach the beacon, and how to launch the asteroid.
- Search and Rescue - during Chapter 8, Isaac will try to contact USM Valor. Here we show how to repair arrays, how to use the ADS cannon, and how to maintain hull integrity
- Dead on Arrival - the ninth chapter of the game takes place on the Cargo Deck and inside the wreck of the USM Valor. We explain how to remove the radioactive material and how to reach the Singularity Core.
- End of Days - during this chapter, Isaac will visit the crew deck. Our guide shows how to find the crew key and navigation cards, how to bypass the block B lockdown, and finally how to repair and release the Shuttle.
- Alternate Solutions - the eleventh chapter of the campaign takes place on the Flight Deck. We explain how to move and place the Marker, how to restore gravity in the hangar, and how to pilot the shuttle remotely.
- Dead Space - the final twelfth chapter of the game in which you visit the Aegis VII colony. You will learn how to move the loader to the shuttle, how to take the Marker to the pedestal, how to restore power to the bridges, and how to defeat the game's final boss.
- Endings - here we supply information regarding the endings and list the requirements for the alternate ending (added in Dead Space Remake).
- Scientific Methods - this is a side quest related to Nicole, which can be unlocked in chapter 2.
- You Are Not Authorized - a side quest related to collecting RIGs of crew members, which can be started in chapter 4.
- Premeditated Malpractice a side quest involving Mercer's Hunter that can be begun in Chapter 6 of the campaign.
Dead Space Remake: All secrets and collectibles
- Chapter 1 - in Chapter 1 (New Arrivals), you can find, among others, equipment, RIGlinks, and logs.
- Chapter 2 - in Intensive Care, you can find, among others, weapon upgrades, schematics, and logs.
- Chapter 3 - in Chapter 3 (Course Correction), there are, among others, new weapons, schematics, and logs to find.
- Chapter 4 - in Chapter 4 (Obliteration Imminent) you can find, among others, weapon upgrades, schematics, and various types of logs.
- Chapter 5 - this chapter (Lethal Devotion) contains collectibles of various types, such as weapons, schematics, and 2 types of logs.
- Chapter 6 - Chapter 6 (Environmental Cataclysm) contains the following types of collectibles: weapon upgrades, RIGlinks, and logs.
- Chapter 7 - in Chapter 7 (Into The Void) you can find, among others, Suit upgrades, RIGlinks, and logs.
- Chapter 8 - in Chapter 8 (Search and Rescue) you can find, among others, weapon upgrades, and audio and text logs.
- Chapter 9 - this chapter (Dead on Arrival) contains collectibles of various types, such as schematics, and some text logs.
- Chapter 10 - among the collectibles found in this chapter, we have logs, RIG schematic, and a weapon upgrade.
- Chapter 11 - among the collectibles found in this chapter, we have the Force Gun weapon upgrade.
- Chapter 12 - in the final chapter, you can collect a few different text logs.
Categories of collectibles
- Suits - on this page, we show how to upgrade Suit to higher levels (from level 2 to 6). New levels increase Isaac's armor and offer additional inventory slots.
- Peng's Treasure - this is a unique collectible appearing only in Chapter 11. We also inform whether you can sell it for credits.
- Marker Fragments - on this page, we show the locations of 12 Marker Fragments, a category of collectibles unique to NG+ playthroughs. We also inform whether collecting them has any effect on the ending .
- Schematics - here you can find a list of all 13 Schematics appearing throughout the chapters. We supply their locations and show what kinds of items can be unlocked by delivering them to a shop.
- Weapon upgrades - here you can view the list of all 21 weapon upgrades (3 upgrades per weapon). Getting them all will allow you to upgrade all weapons fully.
Dead Space Remake: Bosses
- Brute - a large mutated creature that Isaac faces in Chapter 4 (Obliteration Imminent).
- Mercer's Hunter - a seemingly invulnerable creature that Isaac has to face 2 times during Chapter 5 (Lethal Devotion).
- Leviathan - this page describes the Leviathan boss encounter, a large monster that the player has to face during Chapter 6 (Environmental Hazard).
- Leviathan Remnant - On this page we discuss the second encounter with Leviathan, which this time takes place in Chapter 8 (Search and Rescue).
- Final boss - Here we have discussed in detail the confrontation with the final boss. It takes place in the final chapter 12: Dead Space.
Dead Space Remake: Basics
- Best weapons - on this page we discuss recommended weapons. You'll learn how each weapon performs and how to effectively upgrade weapons.
- New Game Plus - Learn how to unlock the NG+ mode, what are the most important features of New Game Plus and what new features it offers.
Dead Space Remake: FAQ
- How to get security clearances? - here we explain how to obtain Secruity Clearances and Master Override. These are needed for unlocking locked doors and containers.
- Can you return to locations? - on this page we discuss whether the game has fast travel and whether backtracking is possible. We answer the question whether you can revisit various parts of Ishimura and what reasons you may have for returning to previously visited locations.
- Does Isaac show his face? - This page answers the question whether Isaac takes off his helmet and whether the appearance of the protagonist has changed.
Dead Space Remake: System requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8600/AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070/AMD RX 5700
- DirectX: version 12
- RAM: 16 GB
- Disk space: 50 GB (SATA SSD)
- Operating system: Windows 10 or 11 64-bits
For more information, check out the System requirements page.
Dead Space Remake: Game length
The first playthrough of Dead Space Remake should take around 12-13 hours . The game time may be shorter for people who are familiar with the original and know how to kill Necromorphs fast. The total playtime can be extended by collectible hunting, backtracking, completing side missions and the hunt for achievements.
More information available here: Game length.
Dead Space Remake: Language versions
The 2023 remake of Dead Space is available in 12 languages. Dubbing is available in 7 of them. More information available here: Language versions.
Dead Space Remake: Game editions
Dead Space Remake can be purchased in a standard or digital deluxe edition. The game is also available in a Collector's Edition.
More information about the content of each edition can be found on the Game editions page.
About Dead Space Remake Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : January 11, 2023
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Dead Space Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Motive Studio
- publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
- platform: PC, PS5, XSX
More About Dead Space
So which games of 2023 are the best? What's worth the time and money right now, without waiting for discounts? Here's our list of the most interesting games released so far. The article will be updated as the year progresses.
2022 was quite an exciting year, despite many hitches, and we can't wait to see what 2023 holds for us. January isn't going to spoil us with big releases, but it will be a nice warmup before the first major games start appearing.
None of the announcements made during EA Play intrigued me as much as the news of a Dead Space remake coming. Primarily because it's a chance to bring the brand back to glory and rewrite a few chapters.