Our guide to Cyberpunk 2077 will help you complete this expansive game in 100% and will reveal to you all the secrets of the Night City. The most important part of our guide is the walkthrough of all the main and side quests. The walkthrough contains various approaches to the quests as well as different endings. The world atlas is equally important. There, you will find high-quality maps of all the main districts of Night City and the surrounding wastelands. Maps inform, among others, about places where you can start quests, find collectibles or visit unique locations.
Cyberpunk 2077's game guide section will help you start your adventure with the game. We have dedicated pages to topics such as creating a new character, combat, exploration, character development, hacking, crafting, using implants, stealth, driving vehicles, romance, or increasing reputation. The guide also has a FAQ section with answers to frequently asked questions - you will learn, e.g. whether it is possible to complete the game without killing the character, are the implants mandatory, how to develop the character faster, how to earn credits in an easier way, and how to defeat the most difficult bosses.
We also have pages with system requirements, keybinds/controls, and discussing the game's length. We have also prepared a trophy guide thanks to which you will get 100% of achievements/trophies and unlock the platinum trophy.
- Cyberpunk 2077: Quick beginner's guide
- Cyberpunk 2077: All main quests
- Cyberpunk 2077: All side quests
- Cyberpunk 2077: Romance
- Cyberpunk 2077: All endings
- Cyberpunk 2077: Important choices
- Cyberpunk 2077: Secrets and collectibles
- Cyberpunk 2077: Bosses
- Cyberpunk 2077: Cyberpsycho Sighting - mini-bosses
- Cyberpunk 2077: Gigs
- Cyberpunk 2077: NCPD Scanner Hustles
- Cyberpunk 2077: Night City Maps - World Atlas
- Cyberpunk 2077: Optimal graphic settings - how to increase FPS?
- Cyberpunk 2077: FAQ
- Cyberpunk 2077: Game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077: Challenging puzzles
- Cyberpunk 2077: Release date
- Cyberpunk 2077: Gaming platforms
- Cyberpunk 2077: Game length
- Cyberpunk 2077: Platinum trophy
- Cyberpunk 2077: PC system requirements
- Cyberpunk 2077: Graphics and interface settings
- Cyberpunk 2077: Language versions
Cyberpunk 2077: Quick beginner's guide
Below you will find a number of tips and tricks for players who are starting their adventure with Cyberpunk 2077. We explain some important topics and remind you about the most crucial game mechanics. You will find more advice in the Starting tips chapter.
- The choice of V's life path is not very important. The most important change is a different beginning – you will start in a different place on the map, your character will have a different past and there will be unique activities to do in the prologue. After completing the life path mission, the next quests are the same for all origins. There are only a few instances where you can choose special dialogue options related to your past.
- There are no fixed character classes in the game. This is a great convenience in creating a character who can utilize one or a few of your favorite play styles. You can still play as a character specialized in one field. However, it is also possible to play with an unusual or versatile build.
- Use the scanner available thanks to V's optic cyberware. It does not consume energy or any other resources. The scanner will be useful for finding loot and interactive objects. You also use it for hacking – it locates devices or opponents.
- Many of the quests can be done in different ways. You can, for example, fight enemies, sneak around, avoid confrontation by talking things out, or hack into security systems. Saving the game frequently can help you make the right decisions (especially when you have to make important choices).
- Use different classes of weapons. V can carry three different weapons (including blades) – try to equip different types. This will help you to be prepared for different situations (e.g. fighting at a close distance, killing enemies using a weapon with a silencer, ranged combat) and make you worry less about running out of ammo.
- Save credits to buy new implants from ripperdoc. Buying implants should be your priority during the first few hours of play. You can, for example, equip your V with Mantis Blades, increase your weight capacity, lengthen your health bar, or be able to slow down the time.
- Use the mini-map and Night City map. On the mini-map, you can see icons depicting loot and opponents, as well as the path to the current mission objective. On the world map, you can check things like markers for the stores or new quests and gigs.
- In addition to the main experience levels, you can also develop your reputation and skills. As for reputation, you can gain XP by helping residents of Night City and police officers. You can gain XP points for skills by performing related activities (e.g. attacking enemies with assault rifles to level up the Rifles skill tree).
Cyberpunk 2077: All main quests
In Cyberpunk 2077, the quests are divided into main and side ones. You need to complete main story missions to finish the game, while side quests are completely optional.
Below you will find a list of the main quests:
Life path/origin quests
- The Nomad is the main quest in the Badlands district - this is the starting quest for the Nomad life path
- The Streetkid is the main quest taking place in the Heywood district – this is a starting quest for the Street Kid life path
- The Corpo-Rat is the main quest in the City Center district - this the starting quest for the Corporate life path.
- The Ripperdoc
- The Ride
- The Information
- The Pickup
- The Heist
- Love Like Fire - This is Johnny Silverhand's first quest.
- Playing for Time
- Automatic Love
- The Space In Between
- Double Life
- Ghost Town
- Lightning Breaks
- Life During Wartime
- Down on the Street
- Gimme Danger
- Play It Safe
- Search and Destroy
- M'ap Tann Pelen
- I Walk the Line
- Nocturne OP55N1 - This quest is a point of no return. Start it to advance to the game's finale.
Cooperation with Hanako and Arasaka Corporation
Cooperation with Panam and Aldecaldos
Johnny's cooperation with Rogue
Cyberpunk 2077: All side quests
Below you will find a list of side quests:
Exploring the world
- Burning Desire
- Sacrum Profanum
- Human Nature - This is Delamain's, an advanced AI, first quest.
- Tune Up
- Don't Lose Your Mind - This is Delamain's, a rebellious Artificial Intelligence, final quest.
- Happy Together
- These Boots Are Made for Walkin'
- Big in Japan
- I can see clearly now
- The Ballad Of Buck Ravers
- The Highwayman
- The Beast In Me - This is a series of quests in which you participate in car races.
- I Fought the Law - River -This is the first quest received from detective River Ward.
- The Hunt - River
- Following the River - River - This is River Ward's last quest, which also gives you the chance to romance this character.
- I'll Fly Away
- Dream On
- Sinnerman - This is the first of several quests related to Joshua.
- There is a Light that Never Goes Out
- They Won't Go When I Go
- Space Odity
- A Day in the Life
- Ezekiel Saw the Wheel
- Machine Gun
- Only Pain
Main story quests
- Heroes - This is the epilogue of Jackie's, V's friend, storyline.
- Both Sides, Now - Judy - This is the first of several quests received from Judy Alvarez, a friendly braindance editor.
- Ex-Factor - Judy
- Talkin' Bout a Revolution - Judy
- Pisces - Judy
- Pyramid Song - Judy - This is Judy's last quest, which also gives you the chance to have a relationship with her.
- Riders on the Storm - Panam - This is the first of several quests received from Panam Palmer, a mercenary, whom V meets in the main plot.
- With a Little Help from My Friends - Panam
- Queen of the Highway - Panam - This is Panam's last quest, which also gives you the chance to have a relationship with her.
- Chippin' In - Rogue and Johnny
- Blistering Love - Rogue and Johnny
- Holdin' On - Kerry
- Second Conflict - Kerry
- A Like Supreme - Kerry
- Rebel! Rebel! - Kerry
- I Don't Wanna Hear It - Kerry
- Off the Leash - Kerry
- Boat Drinks - Kerry
Cyberpunk 2077: Romance
Cyberpunk 2077 will feature extensive romances. The game will feature complex relationships with other NPCs, as well as uncensored sex scenes. After the game's release, we will add information about the requirements and restrictions regarding romance with specific NPCs – these can relate, for example, to the sexual orientation of the NPC, or his/her attitude towards the main character.
- General information about romance – You will find out how does the romance mechanic work, what are the requirements for starting a romance with an NPC, why a romance was unsuccessful, and where to find brothels where you can sleep with someone without starting a closer relationship.
- Judy Alvarez - This is the braindance editor you will meet in Lizzie's Bar in Act 1. Judy also appears in the second act of the campaign.
- Meredith Stout - This is an employee of the Militech group, you can have an optional meeting with her before going to the All Foods factory in Act 1.
- Panam Palmer - She is a mercenary and former Nomad. V will cooperate with her during the second act of the campaign.
- Alt Cunningham - A netrunner associated with Johnny Silverhand.
- Rogue Amendiares - A fixer and owner of the Afterlife club associated with Johnny Silverhand.
- Kerry Eurodyne - An ex-member of the Samurai band, whose frontman was Johnny Silverhand.
- River Ward - An NCPD detective. V can assist him in investigating the murder of the Night City's mayor.
- Joytoy - We inform you how to find brothels in Night City and what services they offer.
Cyberpunk 2077: All endings
Cyberpunk 2077 is a game with many endings. Our guide has information about the requirements to unlock individual endings:
- List of endings - This page has a list of all main and secret endings of Cyberpunk 2077. In addition, we inform you when you can select an ending and whether you can see different ones without replaying the story.
- Corpo ending
- Nomad ending
- Johnny's ending
- The worst ending
Cyberpunk 2077: Important choices
We have compiled all the important choices made during the Cyberpunk 2077's campaign. They may affect the rewards you get, the course of subsequent missions, and the number of available endings.
- Flathead - What to do with Maelstrom? - The robot can be retrieved by getting along with Maelstrom or Militech, or attacking gang members.
- Evelyn Parker's plan - tell Dex?
- Jackie - where to take him?
- Woodman - how to interrogate him? - You can get the information peacefully or after winning the fight.
- Takemura's Reconnaissance - Is it worth going with him?
- Oda - kill or save? - He is one of the bosses. You make the choice after winning the fight.
- Takemura - is he worth saving or not?
- NetWatch / Voodoo Boys - who to choose?
Cyberpunk 2077: Secrets and collectibles
Cyberpunk 2077 is not a game with a huge number of secrets to discover, although the collectibles that are present in the game are linked to certain trophies.
- Tarot cards - Learn where to find 20 graffiti, when you can start collecting tarot cards and if they have any use.
- Johnny Silverhand's Items - You can find, among other things, various elements of Johnny's clothing, as well as his gun and car.
Cyberpunk 2077: Bosses
In Cyberpunk 2077, you face bosses in both main and side quests. Not all confrontations are mandatory. Some clashes can be avoided, e.g. by completing a quest in an alternative way or by talking to the boss.
- Sasquatch - she is the leader of the Animals gang. You will encounter her during a story quest in the Pacifica region.
- Royce - He is one of the members of Maelstrom gang. You encounter him during one of the starting quests during which you have to get the Flathead robot.
- Woodman - The owner of Clouds - a place with dolls (prostitutes with implants that match the experience to the customers).
- Twins / Kabuki champions - These are two optional opponents that can be defeated in a fistfight.
- Oda - This elite opponent appears in Takemura's and Hanako's plotline. Oda uses, among others, mantis blades and smart weapons.
- Adam Smasher - This is the final boss and Johnny Silverhand's main antagonist. The confrontation takes place in the game's finale.
Cyberpunk 2077: Cyberpsycho Sighting - mini-bosses
- Cyberpsychos - who are they? - We described the main assumptions of the fights against cyberpsychos - bosses. You will also learn how to find them.
- Lt. Mower
- Six Feet Under
- Ticket to the Major Leagues
- Where the Bodies Hit the Floor
- Demons of War
- Bloody Ritual
- House on a Hill
- Second Chances
- Smoke on the Water
- Lex Talionis
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: The Wasteland
- Discount Doc
- Too Little, Too Late
- Letter of the Law
- Seaside Cafe
- The Phantom of Night City
- On Deaf Ears
Cyberpunk 2077: Gigs
Cyberpunk 2077: NCPD Scanner Hustles
Cyberpunk 2077: Night City Maps - World Atlas
Night City consists of 6 huge districts. It is also possible to traverse the surrounding wastelands. All these locations are shown on high-quality maps on which we will mark, e.g. quest-related locations, shops and various services, locations of important NPCs and gangs, collectibles and secrets, as well as unique locations marked with question marks.
- World map of Cyberpunk 2077 – In addition to the map of Night City, you will also find, e.g. information about public transport, fast travel, subway tunnels, or how much freedom you have in exploration.
- Suggested order of exploration - Each Night City district has opponents with specific experience levels. Check out our order of exploring the available regions.
- City Center district
- Heywood district
- Pacifica district
- Santo Domingo district
- Watson district
- Westbrook district
- Free vehicles - list - This page has a list of free cars and motorcycles that you can get by completing quests or when exploring the game's world.
Cyberpunk 2077: Optimal graphic settings - how to increase FPS?
In a few simple steps you can significantly improve the performance and the quality of graphics in Cyberpunk 2077, get rid of the grain effect known from the movies and the blur effect, as well as the grainy reflections on flat surfaces (sidewalks, streets). The most important graphical options which put a lot of strain on the hardware are listed below.
- Film Grain: off;
- Chromatic aberration: off;
- Depth of field: off;
- Motion blur: off;
- Volumetric fog resolution: you can lower it to medium or low (this will not turn off the fog effect completely);
- Quality of volumetric clouds: reduce the value to medium or turn off completely;
- Screen space reflections: if you can't run the Ultra or Psycho settings, you should disable this option. It is responsible for the grainy effect of the surfaces.
For more information on the graphic settings in the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077, see the separate page.
Cyberpunk 2077: FAQ
Below, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the hero, the campaign, combat, implants, and exploration of Night City in Cyberpunk 2077.
V - the main character:
- Weight capacity – how to increase?
- Crafting specs – where to get them?
- Character development – how does it work?
- XP - how to get it faster?
- Shards skills - what is it?
- How to increase cyberdeck RAM?
- Changing appearance - can I do that later?
- Level cap - does it exist?
- Skills - what activities develop them?
- Weapons - how to hide them?
- Resetting perks - is it possible?
- Legendary components, crafting - how to get them?
- The best perks - which ones?
- Relic malfunction - what to do?
- Frequently asked questions
- Does the game have adult content?
- Credits / Euro-dollars - how to collect them?
- Can you finish the game without killing?
- Are implants mandatory?
- Cyberspace - what is it and how to get there?
- Text message - how to send?
- Rescuing Evelyn - is it possible?
- Angel or Skye - who to choose?
- The best life path - which one?
- Shooting range - how to win?
- Is it possible to unlock the Militech Basilisk?
- Point of no return - is there any?
Combat, stealth, and hacking:
- Gun Silencer - how to install?
- Why can't I defeat enemies?
- How to stop being hacked?
- Modifications - how to change them?
- Traps – how to disarm them?
- Healing - how to restore health points?
- Heavy weapons - can you put them in the inventory?
- Ammunition - how to replenish?
- Piercing bullets - how do they work?
- Smart weapons - how to use them?
- Mantis blades - how to unlock?
- Gorilla Arms - how to unlock?
- Monowire - how to unlock?
Exploring the Night City:
- Time – how to skip?
- Question marks – are they in the game?
- Fast Travel - how to use?
- Car – how to steal?
- Vehicle – how to call?
- Closed door - how to open it?
- Vehicles - what types are in the game?
- Racing in Night City - how to unlock it?
- Junk - is it useful?
- Car - how to repair?
- Cat - how to get/adopt one?
- Rayfield Aerondight - how to get it?
- How to obtain the Porsche 911?
- Flashlight - is there one in the game?
Cyberpunk 2077: Game guide
Our Cyberpunk 2077 guide has a strategy guide. There, we focused on the most important gameplay mechanics. This should help you to understand the game's basics and develop your character correctly.
- Character development - You will learn the principles of developing your character and how to level up.
- Difficulty levels - We explain the most important differences between the 4 difficulty levels. You will also find out if you can change the difficulty level.
- Combat - We discussed the basics of combat and keeping V alive. You will also learn how to use stealth attacks.
- Character creator - We have compiled all the steps for creating a new character. You will learn about changing V's appearance and gender, as well as choosing the life path and attributes.
- Hacking - You will learn the basics of hacking, as well as how to increase the skills of a hacker and how to use hacks on opponents.
- Braindance - We explained what braindance is in the world of Cyberpunk and what control options you have when analyzing braindance recordings.
- Stealth & quiet combat - Learn the most important mechanics that will help you avoid confrontations or neutralize enemies silently.
- Equipment - We explain what are the main inventory slots, how to quickly select items from the inventory, and whether it has limited capacity.
- Thievery and other crimes - You will learn what are the main types of crimes and how to escape the police.
- Death and its consequences - We inform what choices you have after V's death and how to avoid sudden deaths.
- Traders - You will learn what are the main types of stores, how to buy and sell things, and why some goods are unavailable.
Cyberpunk 2077: Challenging puzzles
One of the pages in our Cyberpunk 2077 guide has detailed solutions for the more complex puzzles. You will learn step by step how to solve every puzzle in the game.
- Second Braindance - where's the relic? - We analyze Evelyn Parker's recording in terms of locating a hidden safe in the apartment with Relic.
- Brick - how to free him? - You can free Brick when exploring the All Foods factory in one of the main quests. You have to open the door and disarm the trap.
- Flathead - where to lead it? - We show what commands you should give the robot to reach the netrunner and connect to them.
- The Hunt - computer puzzle - You have to solve this puzzle during one of the quests related to River Ward. It is required to find the missing Randy.
Cyberpunk 2077: Release date
Cyberpunk 2077 was released on December 10, 2020.
Cyberpunk 2077: Gaming platforms
Cyberpunk 2077 will be available on the following hardware platforms:
- PC – this version will be available, e.g. on Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG
- PS4 and PS4 Pro
- Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition
- Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X
Cyberpunk 2077 will also be available on streaming platforms:
- Google Stadia
- GeForce Now
Streaming allows you to play without owning a console or a computer that meets at least the minimum system requirements. One of the main requirements, however, is to have a sufficiently fast internet connection.
In the case of Google Stadia, unfortunately, you must purchase your own copy of the game and also pay for a subscription. The version offered on the GeForce Now platform has two important features – it offers integration with Steam (you can also run the game on your computer) and ray tracing support. However, it should be noted that ray tracing will be available in GeForce Now only for subscribers.
Cyberpunk 2077: Game length
The total play time in Cyberpunk 2077 depends on whether you will do other activities or focus solely on the main story. Players who focus only on the main missions will watch the credits after about 20 hours. However, Cyberpunk 2077 has a few endings – if you want to watch them all, you will have to complete other main quests. This will extend the play time to about 35-40 hours. It is worth noting that the main plot of Cyberpunk 2077 is shorter than that of The Witcher 3. However, the story is less linear. The game also encourages players to have multiple playthroughs.
Cyberpunk 2077 takes place in a huge metropolis surrounded by wastelands. If you explore the world map and deal with side quests, gigs, and help the Night City police, you should be able to spend over 100 hours with the game. For more information, see how long it takes to complete Cyberpunk 2077 page.
Cyberpunk 2077: Platinum trophy
In Cyberpunk 2077, trophies and achievements will be available on all platforms, i.e. PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X. The base game has 45 achievements. However, the additional content released post-launch should come with its own trophies.
Check out our trophy guide to find detailed descriptions of unlocking all achievements and getting the platinum trophy. Our trophy guide also suggests how to get all the trophies and unlock the platinum in a single playthrough (not counting the finale where the plot lines branch out).
Cyberpunk 2077: PC system requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8120 3.1 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) / Radeon RX 470 or better
- DirectX: 12
- Disk space: 70 GB (SSD recommended)
- Operating system: Windows 7/10 64-bit
For more information on recommended system requirements, ray tracing support, and console versions of Cyberpunk 2077, check out the System requirements section.
Cyberpunk 2077: Graphics and interface settings
We have prepared a number of useful pages on how to modify Cyberpunk 2077's settings:
- Nudity censorship - how does it work? - You will find out if it is enabled by default and if you can change this in the settings.
- TPP view and watching V - Find out if you can change the camera to the third-person perspective (TPP).
- Damage numbers - how to turn off? - They work similarly to those found in, e.g. the Borderlands games and can affect the immersion.
- Blur on consoles - You will learn when the blur effect can occur and how to limit it using certain graphics settings.
- Cluttered UI/interface - what to turn off? - We suggest how to limit the unnecessary information on the screen and which elements of the UI are really useful.
- Optimal graphic settings - We advise which options you should turn off or keep to make the game look nice and offer a satisfactory performance.
Cyberpunk 2077: Language versions
Cyberpunk 2077 offers dubbing in 11 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Brazilian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified) and Japanese. Moreover, the game has subtitles for 18 different languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Brazilian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Spanish – Latin American, Hungarian, Turkish, Czech, Arabic, Thai, Chinese – Traditional and Korean. You will find complete information on this topic on the Language versions page.
About Cyberpunk 2077 Guide
Author : Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras & Jacek "Stranger" Halas & Radoslaw "Wacha" Wasik & Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Cyberpunk 2077 Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: CD Projekt RED
- publisher: CD Projekt RED
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
More About Cyberpunk 2077
The PlayStation 5 has been on the market for more than two years now. What are the best games we can play on it right now? We decided to make a selection, and that's how we came up with a list of the best PS5 games currently available.
Edgerunners inspired Cyberpunk 2077 modding community developed a series of mods based on this anime. Here, we describe the best of them.
There are many ways to measure popularity. Here, we've compiled a list of best-selling role-playing games, which have sold the most copies throughout their entire lifespan.
Much ado about nothing – the "big" GTA 6 leak didn't reveal much in the end. The history of games knows much more serious incidents that have often cost the developers a lot of damage. Here are some of the most notable leaks in the history of gaming.
Alternative endings are often used in video games. Our favorite type are the secret ones, which often completely change the tone of the game, sometimes shedding more light on the whole universe. We have prepared a summary of the most interesting of them.